Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Turing Sunflower Update - Oh Dear


Back in August, I shared with you my love of sunflowers and linked to the Turing Sunflower Project.  I went ahead and registered with the program and committed to counting three heads.  August and September were very busy for me, given the unprecedented mosquito season we experienced this year, so I cut the heads from the stalks in late August and put them in the barn with the onions to dry for later counting.

What I stoopidly didn't count on, were critters.  When I went to the barn to retrieve the onions and start the sunflower seed counting this past weekend, here's what I found.


Oh well.  In this case, the best laid schemes went awry all right.  For the man, anyway.

You can follow the progress of the project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment