Monday, August 9, 2010

Victory Garden Harvest Time


I brought my camera to today's Victory Garden class.  It was also food day, wherein we enjoyed a potluck meal, with everyone contributing a dish that hopefully used the fresh produce we've been harvesting the last few weeks.  The perks that come with volunteering for the Master Gardener Program are among the best!



Corn, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, and Zukes


Beans and Swiss Chard


Cucumbers, Patty Pans, 8-Ball Zukes, and Yellow Squash

Not Seen:  Peppers, Bell and Jalapeno, Eggplants, Beets, and the Red and White Potatoes we dug.  Last week we harvested the onions.  Plenty of basil and parsley, too.


What you get to take home, if you come to the class!  Sign up in the Spring of 2011.


Darl and Donna, VG Leaders supervising potato digging.



Class members

MG Linda H.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ray
    I liked your comment over at GardenRant about phosphorus = phosphorus, regardless of the source. I was going to say something like that, but you said it far better than I could have.
    Beautiful vegetables, by the way...
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth, and right back atcha with your comment about natives at the Garden Professors. I confess that I was a little hesitant at first, but I've gotten bolder, knowing I have the GP blog to back me up. Hard to argue with 4 PhD's in horticulture. And I wanted to reinforce what the first commenter, Joseph, pointed out. If the regulatory/law making route is the preferred way to manage suburban lawn pollution (I'm not so sure of that), then there is no choice but to objectively apply the law equally, based on the science, not carve out exemptions, based on subjectively defined criteria for the "good guys."

    ReplyDelete